On This Page:
Courtesy accounts are provided to certain individuals who have a special relationship with the University, usually for a limited time. For example:
- New faculty, who may need to prepare for classes before their first semester of employment begins
- Adjunct faculty
- 5-College department faculty and staff (e.g., Astronomy and Dance)
- Visiting scholars or faculty
- Faculty or staff from other UMass campuses, by special arrangement
- Individuals with part-time teaching contracts (for the period of their contract only)
- Other individuals formally associated with the University, upon verification of status
To request a Courtesy (NENS) Account, fill out the NENS form below and have it signed by your sponsor (Dean, Director, or Department Head or designee). Return the form to the OIT Help Center, LGRC Lowrise room A109 or fax 413-545-4196.
To renew, ask your sponsor to email email@example.com with your new expiration date.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder), you must contact the International Programs Office (413-545-2843)- do not fill out the NENS form below.
If you have any questions about qualifying for NENS status or the NENS form, contact OIT Help Center at 413-545-9400.
NENS applicants and account owners may not be eligible for a UCard. UCards are only issued to active students recognized by the University Registrar, or staff and faculty acknowledged by the University Human Resources Department.