- Support and consulting for supported applications
- Malware or virus detection and removal
- Data recovery for CDs, DVDs, and hard drives
- Pre-purchase consultations
Help Center Proxy Form
If you are a UMass Amherst employee and need to designate someone (e.g., a student employee) to drop off or pick up your computer from the IT Help Center, you'll need to fill out our Help Center Proxy Form (57 KB).
Many of our services are free; however, we do charge for some consulting services and the actual work that is done on your computer. Hourly rates are below.
With a valid UMass ID
- $50 diagnostics for first hour of work
- $50 per hour flat rate per additional hour of work
With a valid Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mt. Holyoke College, or Smith College ID
Please visit the IT department at your college's campus before coming to UMass Amherst IT.
- $65 diagnostics for first hour of work
- $65 per hour flat rate per additional hour of work
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
A109 LGRC Lowrise