UMass Amherst IT Accounts are available to UMass Amherst faculty, students, staff, and retirees.
Eligible Members of the UMass Amherst Community
Active members of the University of Massachusetts Amherst community who qualify for IT Accounts:
- Undergraduate and graduate applicants who have been accepted at the University
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate students
- UMass Amherst employees (faculty & staff)
- Continuing & Professional Education students
- Stockbridge students
- 5-College students enrolled in a UMass Amherst course
- Students in 5-College departments (e.g., Astronomy and Dance)
- UMass Amherst retirees who have renewed their IT Accounts
With the exception of 5-College students and students in 5-College departments, all of the above should have a valid UCard (UMass Amherst picture ID), which must be presented to obtain services.
Students Leaving UMass Amherst
Students who are graduating or leave the University in good standing have access to their IT Accounts at no cost for 6 months and their UMass email at no cost for one year after their graduation/leave date.
Three types of guest accounts are available to other University visitors:
Courtesy (NENS) Accounts are available to members of the campus community who are neither students nor University employees, but are affiliated with the University in a formal capacity (e.g., visiting scholars, ROTC staff) upon verification of status. more...
Non-Employee, Non-Student (NENS) Application (pdf, 80K)
- Guest Wireless Accounts: UMass Amherst faculty and staff can sponsor temporary accounts for visitors who need to access the campus wireless network. more...
Individuals not Eligible for IT Accounts
- Students enrolled in non-credit courses (unless the instructor specifically requests it)
- Family members, including surviving spouses
- Students from other colleges not enrolled in a UMass Amherst course
- People with no formal affiliation with UMass Amherst