On This Page:
OIT Accounts are available to UMass Amherst faculty, students, staff, and retirees.
Eligible Members of the UMass Amherst Community
Active members of the University of Massachusetts Amherst community who qualify for OIT Accounts:
- Undergraduate and graduate applicants who have been accepted at the University
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate students
- UMass Amherst employees (faculty & staff)
- Continuing & Professional Education students
- Stockbridge students
- 5-College students enrolled in a UMass Amherst course
- Students in 5-College departments (e.g., Astronomy and Dance)
- UMass Amherst retirees who have renewed their OIT Accounts
With the exception of 5-College students and students in 5-College departments, all of the above should have a valid UCard (UMass Amherst picture ID), which must be presented to obtain services.
Students Leaving UMass Amherst
Students who are graduating or leave the University in good standing have access to their OIT Accounts at no cost for 6 months after their graduation/leave date. Students can use SPIRE to extend their UMail account for 6 additional months. more...
Three types of guest accounts are available to other University visitors:
Courtesy (NENS) Accounts are available to members of the campus community who are neither students nor University employees, but are affiliated with the University in a formal capacity (e.g., visiting scholars, ROTC staff) upon verification of status. more...
Non-Employee, Non-Student (NENS) Application (pdf, 94k)
- Guest Wireless Accounts: UMass Amherst faculty and staff can sponsor temporary accounts for visitors who need to access the campus wireless network. more...
Temporary accounts available exclusively to Conference Services attendees who need Internet privileges beyond guest access to the wireless network. more...
Conference Services Attendee Application (pdf, 136k)
Individuals not Eligible for OIT Accounts
- Students enrolled in non-credit courses (unless the instructor specifically requests it)
- Family members, including surviving spouses
- Students from other colleges not enrolled in a UMass Amherst course
- People with no formal affiliation with UMass Amherst